£9.00 per hour plus share of tips.
Transport available from Melton Mowbray.
Shift Pattern: Afternoon/Evenings including weekends on 5 days out of 7 on a weekly rota basis.
Reporting to the Bar Supervisor, the bar requires an energetic, professional staff member who has an excellent track record in hospitality and who thrives in a fast-paced service environment. Our focus is on professionalism and providing a superior customer experience.
You must possess an in-depth knowledge about Wines, Spirits, Cocktails and other drink ingredients.
- To ensure that all Afternoon Teas are managed and served to the correct standard.
- Advise guests on cocktail & wine choices
- Prepare cocktail / Drinks orders
- Create & develop additional cocktails – alcoholic & non-alcoholic
- Maintain Bar areas, stock and equipment including stock requirements / orders
- General bar duties as standard
- Prepare drinks during special events eg. Weddings
- Promote special In-House events eg. Winemakers Dinners, Cocktail evenings
- Be prepared to share and teach skills to fellow bar staff
- Manage Bar areas inc. Stock Takes, order requirements
- To ensure that all food and beverage is served to the correct standard
- Excellent Customer Service Skills and ability to understand and respond to individual guest’s needs and requirements
- A genuine interest and understanding of food and drink
- Knowledge of Classic cocktails and Wines
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Ability to think on your feet and under pressure whilst maintaining a positive outlook and attention to detail
- Able to organise time effectively, forward plan and prioritise tasks to ensure workload is balanced and urgent situations are dealt with immediately
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work as part of a small team and independently and use initiative
- A natural ability and confidence to sell / promote is a distinct advantage
Please submit your CV and Covering Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org