Full or part-time considered.
Salary: 27K to 33K (full-time) / pro-rata for part-time (depending on experience)
The Finance Manager (FM) will be responsible for managing the day to day running of the Finance function within the business. Someone who is ambitious and aspires to progress into a senior position. Ideally looking to make the transition from practice into industry bringing with them a strong commercially focused approach with a strong emphasis on controls, forecasting and influencing costs versus revenue at all levels.
You will establish and maintain open collaborative relationships within your team and other departments to promote good practices within the Estate. The end goal will be to deliver and improve the profitability of the Estate, whilst not compromising the customer quality.
Finance Manager Main Duties and Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Support and liaise with the Hotel Manager and the Exec team in meeting the strategic goals of the Estate.
- Overall accounting and financial management requirements for the Estate.
- Represent the Finance department during regular management meetings.
- Preparing and reviewing annual budgets, monthly forecasts, and financial performances.
- Overseeing and verifying all financial transactions within the Estate is accurate.
- Ensuring compliance with tax authority in financial transactions and VAT returns.
- Overseeing and verifying monthly payroll.
- Ensuring a strong accounting and operational control environment within the Estate.
- Monitor and improve hotel operation costs, profitability and manage business risks.
- Streamline processes and procedures to improve efficiency within the Estate.
- Oversees internal, external, and regulatory audit processes.
- Foster a continuous learning culture within the Finance team and provide training where necessary extending to other departments.
- Conduct employee performance appraisals and provide feedback where necessary.
- Any other tasks as and when required by the management.
- Sound knowledge of accounting fundamentals.
- Knowledge of hotel such as Opera or Fidelio.
- Knowledge of hospitality and the importance of being customer-focused.
- Good IT skills particularly on excel.
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- Team leadership, training, and delegation skills.
- Analytical skills and very well organised.
- Confident in forecasting, preparing budgets, financial/business decision making.
Please submit your CV and Covering Letter to: email@example.com